Thursday, March 29, 2012

This Space, Here





This morning I was up around sunrise for one reason or another, and like all good photography buffs when the Sun is near the horizon I tried to stay alert for interesting lighting effects. And I saw this. The tree branches out front were blocking the light from the low Sun, but the light was glittering on and through the little springtime buds on the branches. I took a couple of photos. It would have been better, I think, if the background had been more out of focus, but because my camera has a built-in zoom lens, the aperture doesn’t have a very wide range, and the auto-focus was having trouble fixing on the buds with the extreme lighting.

But I thought the photos were okay, and make for a nice memory of an off-the-cuff, unexpected moment.


*


Not like stars but like many small planets
the buds out front reflect sunlight, starlight
from the nearest star, and glitter in space,
this space, here, and it’s like a reminder
this space, here, around us that we spin through,
is the same space planets spin through out there.








. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .



To Push Away The Universe Itself


A Bird Who Could Fly To Neptune





















No comments: